Tuesday, 23 May 2017
Call for applications: FSC Youth Correspondent for GA 2017
Closing date: 4pm BST, Friday 14 July 2017
- Are you an environmentally-conscious, socially-aware journalism student?
- Do you have strong writing skills in English?
- Are you between the ages of 18 and 26, currently pursuing a degree in journalism / communications / environmental sciences?
Then join us at the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) 8th General Assembly (GA) from 9 to 10 October 2017 in Vancouver (Canada) and report on the issues at the forefront of responsible forestry.
Young people are at the centre of a sustainable future, and FSC is looking for a passionate youth correspondent who can engage their peers by covering this important event with originality, accuracy and inspiring reporting.
The FSC GA 2017 is FSC’s highest decision-making body. Eight hundred participants from 70 countries - representing social, economic and environmental interests from the Global North and South – will meet in Vancouver to discuss a sustainable future for the world’s forests and the people that inhabit them. To find out more about FSC International go to https://ic.fsc.org and for more detailed information on the FSC GA 2017 go to http://ga2017.fsc.org
Two journalism students will be selected by the FSC Communications Unit to attend the GA and act as FSC Youth Correspondents – reporting for youth, by youth.
To see the full criteria and application requirements, please visit the GA website here.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday, 14 July (Bonn, Germany time)
Please send all applications to communications at fsc point org with ‘FSC Youth Correspondent 2017 application’ in the header, or post your application to:
FSC Youth Correspondent 2017 Application
53113 Bonn Deutschland / Germany
The successful applicant will receive:
- Return flights on economy class to Vancouver
- Reimbursement of visa application fees
- Accommodation (sharing) in a hotel in Vancouver
- All meals and a small stipend will be provided