FSC UK offers training courses designed to introduce and explain the FSC system and how it relates to your business or organisation.
Our courses are suitable for anyone who needs a thorough understanding of the FSC system. These are the only courses in the UK delivered by FSC staff members.
These courses are your opportunity to learn first-hand about the FSC system and ask specific questions about the benefits that FSC can bring to your business or organisation.
Face to Face Training (suspended due to Covid-19)
A bespoke half day course for up to 12 participants (more by arrangement) can be run at your premises. Courses tend to focus on a main themes of FSC chain of custody and using the FSC trademarks but can be adapted to meet the needs of architects and construction companies, printers and packagers, retailers, re-sellers, manufacturers of paper and wood products and many others who wish to engage with the FSC system.
Courses are available from £900 plus VAT.
Please contact us on 01686 413 916 or at training at fsc-uk point org to discuss your requirements
1. FSC Chain of Custody Training (free of charge to all UK certificate holders)
This online training module will provide organisations the opportunity to easily access and learn about FSC Chain of Custody certification, as stand-alone or in preparation for more in-depth webinar training (face-to-face training is currently suspended due to Covid-19). The training also intends to bring further benefits to your organisation such as increasing staff knowledge and improving engagement with suppliers.
The module includes an explanation of:
- How the FSC chain of custody system works.
- The roles of FSC International, FSC National offices, certification bodies and Accreditation Services International.
- The different FSC labels, the 3 systems for controlling FSC claims and a brief overview of FSC controlled wood.
- How to use the FSC certificate database and how to check that companies have FSC certification, what FSC certified products they can supply and how to check invoices.
- An introduction to the FSC trademarks and the FSC Marketing Toolkit.
For UK organisations that don’t have FSC certification, this training can be accessed for a fee of £130 plus VAT for 3 months or £50 plus VAT for one month (for up to 5 users from an organisation).
Interested in accessing the training? Please contact training at fsc-uk point org. If you hold an FSC Chain of Custody certificate, please provide your certificate or license number.
2. Trademark Licence Holder Training (free of charge to all UK trademark licence holders)
This online training module is designed to introduce you to the FSC trademark licence system and explains how you can use the FSC trademarks in your business. Trademark licence holders are organisations which are not required to hold Chain of Custody certification but who are using the FSC trademarks in their business for promotional purposes. Examples are retailers, end users and other companies who are selling or using FSC-certified products, such as packaging, in their business.
This course will help you understand:
- What FSC is and how it works
- What an FSC trademark licence is and who is eligible to hold one
- How to check that your suppliers and their products are FSC certified
- The graphic requirements for using the FSC trademarks in your promotional materials
- How to get your artwork approved
For UK organisations that do not hold an FSC trademark licence, this training can be accessed for a fee of £130 plus VAT for three months or £50 plus VAT for one month. This training might be useful, for example, if you employ marketing consultants or procurement specialists whose activities fall within the terms of your FSC trademark licence.
Interested in accessing the training? Please contact email@example.com. If you hold an FSC trademark licence please provide your licence number.