Raising awareness throughout the school...
FSC Friday 2013 was celebrated in the UK and around the world with countless people raising awareness of the importance of responsible forestry and the FSC logo.
One school that made a big effort was Milbourne Lodge School in Surrey!
Sybil Cary, teacher at Milbourne Lodge School states: "The children were totally swept up by the day and have talked of little else since then".
Activities in which the pupils took part include:
- Designing pledge posters and pledging to help forests (photos can be seen here)
- Visiting a local National Trust property (the National Trust is FSC certified!) and taking photos, which were entered into FSC UK Photography Competition (M6 / year 8)
- Making t-shirts (watch the videos for more on this!)
- Awarding FSC prizes - for the most thoughtful pledge, the most interesting t-shirt design and generally the most knowledge of and dedication to the project
- Completing FSC Friday challenges, such as the Code-Breaker and the 'find the hidden objects' task
- Hugging trees and appreciating the beauty of the nature in the surroundings
- Creating an FSC Friday display
Tiggy Bawden, teacher at Milbourne Lodge School says: "Did we celebrate the day? Yes - we did. In style! Thank you FSC - we had a wonderful day".
The photos of the day have been compiled into two short (and lovely!) videos, that can be seen on the right of the page. The videos can also be seen at Milbourne Lodge School's 'It's A Wild World Blog': http://milbournewildworld.edublogs.org/