Friday, 27 September 2013
Juice Creative Design Ltd Shares Top 5 Industry Tips for the FSC UK Poster Competition on FSC Friday!
Juice Creative of Enderby are offering top tips for designing brilliant posters as part of their support for FSC Friday (today!). Juice have recently been awarded FSC certification and wanted to share their expertise in design to help spread the word.
FSC Friday is our annual global celebration of forests and is an opportunity to raise awareness of the FSC logo. The Poster Competition is aimed at raising awareness of why consumers should look for the FSC logo
Nick Taylor, Director of Juice Creative says: “We have recently become FSC Certified and so really wanted to get involved in FSC Friday. We have decided to share some of our design industry knowhow to help others become engaged by the work of the FSC and also get really excited about the wonderful world of design.”
Juice Top Tips for Poster Design:
1. Be simple. A single-minded approach is always best. Look for that one great idea and communicate it in a clear, memorable way.
2. Be hard-hitting. Most people glance at posters for just a few seconds. If you really want to grab their attention, you've got to sock them right between the eyes.
3. Be unexpected. The human mind is stimulated by anything out of ordinary. Make your poster memorable by using imagery in an unusual way.
4. Be consistent. Make sure everything about your poster joins up: images, copylines, supporting text, colours … everything must work together to achieve that common goal: to get noticed.
5. Be playful. Whether the end result is light-at-heart or deadly serious, it's critical you get a kick out of the creative process. Whatever you end up with – enjoy it!
To enter the FSC Poster competition, design your poster (don’t forget to use the tips above). Include your name, address and either a telephone number or email address and your age on the 31st August 2013 if you are 16 or under. Then send it to: FSC UK, 11 – 13 Great Oak Street, Llanidloes, Powys, SY18 6BU by 31st October 2013. For further details, please click here.
Juice Creative, based in Enderby are also embracing FSC Friday by:
- Running a competition for staff children for their best Poster Design submitted to the FSC
- Encouraging staff to also enter the FSC Photography Competition.
- Wearing green on FSC Friday along with their special ‘Look for the logo!’ wristbands.
- Promoting FSC Friday through their Twitter feed and Blog
- Entering any great photos from the day into the FSC Friday ‘Best Photo’ competition.