Thursday, 24 May 2018
FSC Seeks Working Group Members With Conversion, Conversation, Restoration and Socio-economic Restitution Experience
Six positions for a two-year project are open: We are seeking people with practical experience in forest and landscape restoration, integrated landscape management, and social and economic compensation mechanisms to develop a policy for compensation for past conversion of natural forest and non-forest ecosystems. The call for applications will remain open until all positions are filled.
The six positions are reserved for FSC members, with seats available for members representing the interests of the economic, social, and environmental chambers, for global North and global South. Ideal applicants will demonstrate the following:
- being willing and able to travel within the European Union and able to join online conference calls;
- a firm commitment to attend all scheduled in-person meetings, including during 25–28 September 2018 and 19–22 February 2019;
- experience in negotiation and representing the interests of their subchambers, with a focus on conflict management and conflict resolution;
- ability to engage and communicate with their respective subchamber (e.g. social global South);
- successful track record working in FSC working groups; good analytical and writing skills.
Positions are unpaid; however, all travel costs associated with the project will be covered. Applicants fitting this profile are asked to send their CVs and a one-page cover letter that explicitly states how previous experience can be immediately transferrable to the needs of the working group. All applications should be sent to FSC Policy Manager, Diana Franco Gil at firstname.lastname@example.org.