Monday, 03 September 2018
Open for second consultation: Revised FSC Trademark Use Guide for Promotional Licence Holders
Please provide comments on the second draft of the FSC Trademark Use Guide for Promotional Licence Holders through our FSC Consultation Platform. The deadline to send your comments is 1 October 2018.
We encourage all stakeholders to participate in the consultation. Your feedback will help us further shape the FSC Trademark Use Guide to enhance and ease the promotion of FSC-certified products.
On the consultation platform, stakeholders can access and read relevant documents, submit their comments, and provide answers to the consultation questions directly via a single web page. Stakeholders can also directly access the sections of the guide they are most interested in.
WHY ARE WE REVISING THE FSC TRADEMARK USE GUIDE FOR PROMOTIONAL LICENCE HOLDERS?
The guideline FSC Trademark Use Guide for Promotional Licence Holders was previously known as the standard FSC-STD-50-002 V1-0 Requirements for promotional use of the FSC trademarks by non-certificate holders. The change aims to create a user-friendly document with positive and proactive language, and including more visual examples to facilitate the use of the FSC Trademarks.The objective of the revision is to streamline the trademark requirements to make it easier to promote FSC-certified products. It will also address Motion 29/2014 ("The Logo Motion").
WHAT ARE THE MAIN AMENDMENTS INCLUDED IN THE DRAFT REVISED GUIDE?
- Introduction of simplified verification of products for promotion;
- Introduction of risk-based assessment on eligibility for promotional licence;
- Introduction of guidance on how to describe FSC and products with FSC claims and on how to make basic procurement claims;
- Introduction of Ecosystems services promotional claims;
- Integration of the advice notes on the requirements for the use of the ‘Forests For All Forever’ marks (FSC-ADV-50-005);
- Introduction of an internal control system as an alternative to submitting all intended uses of FSC trademarks to the trademark service provider for approval.
FSC will be providing a comparative document – entitled Crosswalk FSC-STD-50-002 V1-0 and FSC Trademark Use Guide for Promotional Licence Holders V2-0 – to assist stakeholders in reviewing the changes in the guideline. The crosswalk document describes, clause by clause, the differences between the current standard and the revised draft. It will be available through our consultation platform.For more information, visit our consultation webpage.
JOIN THE WEBINARS
FSC will hold online webinars to outline the main changes of the draft for consultation. Please click on the link to the most convenient time slot to register:
Thursday, 6 September, 17:00 – 18:00 AEST / 09:00 – 10:00 CEST (English)
Tuesday, 18 September, 11:00 – 12:00 CEST (English)
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.