Monday, 15 July 2013
Webinars Available on the Ongoing Consultation on the Procedure for National Risk Assessment (NRA) Development
Stakeholders are invited to participate in the webinars being organised during the consultation period and intended to provide future information on the process.
The revision of the procedure for the development of National Risk Assessments (FSC-PRO-60-002) and the development of the addendum containing requirements for a proposed new process of risk determination, called the National Risk Assessment Framework (FSC-PRO-60-002b) is needed to resolve stakeholder concerns about the current content of the Controlled Wood standard (FSC-STD-40-005) and difficulties in interpretation of requirements for risk assessments.
Dates and hours of the webinars are as follows:
- 22 July 2013, 13:00 - 14:00 (British Summer Time) - in English
- 01 August 2013, 13:00 - 14:00 (British Summer Time) - in English
- 14 August 2013, 13:00 - 14:00 (British Summer Time) - in Spanish
The general agenda for the webinars is as follows:
30 minutes – presentation containing summary of the process (FSC Policy and Standards Unit);
30 minutes – addressing questions received from participants (Technical Committee representatives, FSC Policy and Standards Unit);
The last webinar on 14 August will be performed in Spanish. Spanish speakers will additionally support the second webinar, on 1st August.
If you are interested in participating in the webinars, please send the following information to j.nowakowska at fsc point org by the deadlines specified below:
1. Full Name
2. Organisation (if applicable)
3. Date of webinar in which you would like to participate
4. Your e-mail address
5. Any questions/remarks you already have in relation to the consulted documentation
6. How strong is your knowledge about NRA and Controlled Wood issues
Deadlines for registration:
Deadline for the webinar organised on 22nd July 2013: 17.07.2013
Deadline for the webinar organised on 1st August 2013: 25.07.2013
Deadline for the webinar organised on 14th August 2013: 08.08.2013
Participants will be provided with further technical details.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with j.nowakowska at fsc point org
- For further information on this consultation and to download a comments form, please click here.
- For further information on the revision of the Controlled Wood System, please click here.
- For further information on other consultations, currently open (including the consultation on Controlled Wood Interim Measures), please click here.