Friday, 07 March 2014
Revision to Procedure ‘Participation of external observers in on-site FSC certification audits and / or ASI assessments’
Following its approval by the FSC Board of Directors at their 64th meeting, FSC is pleased to announce the publication of the revised version of the procedure ‘Participation of external observers in on-site FSC certification audits and / or ASI assessments’ (FSC-PRO-01-017 V1-1).
Nature and objective of the document
This procedure is part of the FSC Normative Framework and defines:
- The process to apply for an observer status on audits;
- The possibilities and limitations to reject an application of an observer;
- The roles and responsibilities of observers in audits.
Scope of the document (who is mainly affected)
- Stakeholders interested in participating in audits as observers
- Certification bodies, certificate holders and ASI who are receiving or entertaining observers
Main changes to the previous version
- Specifying the timelines for application as observer
- Specifying the required information for applications
- Specifying the reasons for rejecting applications
The effective date of this procedure is 01 April 2014.
You can find the procedure for download below.