Theme: Why should shoppers look for the FSC logo?
We invited you to design a poster telling shoppers why they should look for the FSC logo when buying wood and paper products. We received lots of entries from across the UK!
It was apparent from the entries that we received that a lot of effort was put into the poster designs and that there was also a great understanding of the importance of responsible forestry.
We are pleased to announce our winners, which have been chosen based on the design (such as the use of colour) and how well the messages of the importance of responsible forestry and looking for the FSC logo are conveyed.
Well done to all of the winners! All winners and runners up will receive a goody bag including art products that have been kindly donated by STABILO and FSC certified art canvases donated by Quay Imports.
Category: Age 6 and under
1st place: Alyssa
2nd place: Maisie
Category: age 7-8
1st place: Tali
2nd place: Amelie
Category: Age 9
1st place: Lyra
2nd place: Yve
Category: Age 10
1st place: India
2nd place: Jonathan
Category: Age 11 - 16
1st place: Lily
2nd place: Emily-Rose
1st place: Rebecca Beesley
2nd place: Richard Beesley
We would also like to award a few commendations...
Juice Creative Design provided some top tips:
1. Be simple – A single-minded approach is always best. Look for that one great idea and communicate it in a clear, memorable way.
2. Be hard-hitting – Most people glance at posters for just a few seconds. If you really want to grab their attention, you’ve got to sock them right between the eyes.
3. Be unexpected – The human mind is stimulated by anything out of ordinary. Make your poster memorable by using imagery in an unusual way.
4. Be consistent – Make sure everything about your poster joins up: images, copylines, supporting text, colours … everything must work together to achieve that common goal: to get noticed.
5. Be playful – Whether the end result is light-at-heart or deadly serious, it’s critical you get a kick out of the creative process. Whatever you end up with – enjoy it!